Thursday 14 January 2016

National Tulip Day / Národní den tulipánů


3rd Saturday in January is celebrated as a National Tulip Day (or Nationale Tulpendag in Dutch) in Netherlands. It is not surprising as Netherlands is the major tulip grower in the world and sells over 1,9 billion of bulbs and 1,4 billion of cut flowers every year.
Even though tulips come from Asia and their journey to Netherlands took detour through Vienna, they found the best conditions in this country to grow and develop.
Last year I visited the biggest tulip gardens in Keukenhof, Netherlands and I was in heaven. You may already know that I love spring bulb flowers and there are thousands and thousands of beauties to admire. It only opens for a month or so each spring, depending on the natural conditions and has many great displays about history, growing and breeding of tulips. Please enjoy the walk through the gardens with me.
Some photos are already available in my e-shop, just click the link.
Třetí sobota v lednu je v Nizozemí oslavována jako Národní den tulipánů (Nationale Tulpendag). Není divu, když je Nizozemí největším pěstitelem tulipánů ve světě a každoročně prodá 1,9 miliardy cibulek a 1,2 miliardy řezaných květů.
Přestože tulipány pocházejí z Asie a na své cestě do Nizozemí to vzali objížďkou přes Vídeň, našli zde ty nejlepší podmínky pro svůj další růst a vývoj nových druhů.
V loňském roce jsem navštívila největší tulipánovou zahradu Keukenhof a byla jsem naprosto nadšena. Jak už možná víte, miluju jarní cibulové květinky a tady jsou tisíce a tisíce těchto krásek k obdivování. Zahrada je otevřena každoročně jenom po dobu jednoho měsíce na jaře v době nejlepšího květu, termín záleží na přírodních podmínkách daného roku, a nabízí i mnoho skvělých výstavek o historii, pěstování a šlechtění tulipánů. Pojďte si užít procházku zahradami spolu se mnou.
Některé fotografie jsou již k dispozici v e-shopu, stačí kliknout na link.
Daffodil Dreams - Etsy - Fler



Tulip Dreams IV - Etsy - Fler



Tulip Dreams II - Etsy - Fler



Tulip Dreams - Etsy - Fler



A little palm tree - Etsy - Fler


Tulip Dreams I - Etsy - Fler





12 comments:

  1. Amazing photos! Love tulips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tulips! Lot's of them are growing in our garden every year! Your photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very dreamy! I need to visit too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos indeed! Funny to have National Tulip day in the middle of winter, and not in tulip season :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the tulip market in Amsterdam So many different types of tulips! And I adore Over the Rainbow's tulip images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this beautiful flowers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Tulips too. We have a tulip fest ourselves in Istanbul during spring time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Holland is very proud of its tulips, funny enough barely noticed them when I lived in Amsterdam except for the flower market :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love tulips :D such pretty flowers and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tulips are my favorites! My mother always gives me some for my birthday!
    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wonderful photos! And the gardens are amazing! I wish to visit them, and Netherlands, someday!

    ReplyDelete